Nobody wants to be the fifth wheel on a double date, but Brett Eldredge made an exception on Monday night (5/22) so he could hang out with Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett and their wives at the Nashville Predators’ home playoff game. Rhett shared a picture of the all-star squad at the Bridgestone Arena after the big win, writing, “Solid crew tonight… headed to the cup.” Eldredge shared the same picture the next day, saying, “I’ll 5th wheel with this crew any day…”
- Brett and Thomas were only a few of the country stars who made it out to the big game, including Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini, Chris Young, Dierks Bentley, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and more.
- The Preds are moving on to the Stanley Cup Finals next week.
Trisha Yearwood will miss an upcoming tour stop with husband Garth Brooks, but she has a pretty good reason for doing so. In a video posted on Facebook Thursday (4/6), Trisha told fans that she won’t be at the April 30 date on Garth’s upcoming run in Champaign, Illinois, because it falls on the same day as the Daytime Emmy Awards, where her cooking show, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, has earned a nomination for Outstanding Culinary Program.
· The Garth Brooks World Tour is scheduled to hit Champaign on April 28-30 at the State Farm Center.
· Trisha’s Southern Kitchenwon the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Culinary Program in 2013.
Trisha Yearwood’s Food Network cooking show, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, has earned another Daytime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Culinary Program — an award Trisha took home in 2013. The 44th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards will be presented on Sunday, April 30 in Pasadena, California. New episodes of Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, which is currently in its ninth season, air on Saturday at 10:30 AM ET.
Some of country music’s biggest stars have come together for a new album paying tribute to the legendary Don Williams. The album, dubbed Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams, will feature artists such as Dierks Bentley, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Lady Antebellum and Chris Stapleton, performing some of William’s most iconic tunes. The 11-track album will be released on May 26, in honor of Williams’ 78th birthday the following day.
Gentle Giants: The Songs of Don Williams Track Listing:
1. “Tulsa Time” – Pistol Annies
2. “I Believe in You” – Brandy Clark
3. “We’ve Got a Good Fire Goin'” – Lady Antebellum
4. “Some Broken Hearts Never Mend” – Dierks Bentley
5. “Amanda” – Chris Stapleton feat. Morgane Stapleton
6. “Till The Rivers All Run Dry” – Alison Krauss
7. “Love Is On A Roll” – John Prine feat. Roger Cook
8. “If I Needed You” – Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires
9. “Maggie’s Dream” – Trisha Yearwood
10. “Lord I Hope This Day is Good” – Keb’ Mo’
11. “Good Ole Boys Like Me” – Garth Brooks
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood’s new holiday album, Christmas Together, has debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top Country albums chart, selling more than 21,000 copies in its first week out. Released as the couple’s first-ever duets record, Christmas Together also becomes Garth’s 15th career #1 album and gives Yearwood her fourth chart-topping record.
· In addition, BuzzAngle Music reports that Brooks’ 10 disc boxed-set, Garth Brooks: The Ultimate Collection, has debuted as the best-selling album of the week with over 134,000 physical copies sold exclusively through Target.
On this day in 2001, Garth Brooks: Coast to Coast LIVE aired on CBS. It was the first of three straight Wednesday night concert specials. The three concert were spread out with the first being held at the L.A. Forum, the second from the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Enterprise as it returned from deployment in the Middle East, and the third coming from South Padre Island, Texas.
Brooks was joined by special guests Trisha Yearwood, Jewel, and Steve Wariner.
Some of country’s biggest stars will be on hand to perform when NBC celebrates the lighting of one of the world’s most famous Christmas trees in New York City’s Rockefeller Center. NBC’s Christmas in Rockefeller Center will feature performances by Dolly Parton, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, with Tony Bennett, Neil Diamond, Josh Groban, Tori Kelly, Sarah McLachlan and Jordan Smith also set to perform. The 84th annual tree lighting will air on November 30 at 8 PM ET on NBC. NBC’s Today show anchors Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Rokerand Hoda Kotb will host the broadcast.
The star power at the upcoming 50th Annual CMA Awards continues to grow with the addition of more legendary acts to the lineup. Joining the star-studded lineup are 2016 Country Music Hall of Fame inductees Charlie Daniels and Randy Travis; former Entertainer of the Year winners Ricky Skaggs and Roy Clark and former CMA Awards host Clint Black. The new wave of performers also includes Jason Aldean, Chris Stapleton, Thomas Rhett, Jennifer Nettles, Martina McBride and Dwight Yoakam, as well as multi-format performers Elle King and Pentatonix.
· These artists join previously announced performers Alabama, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Florida Georgia Line, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Maren Morris, Kacey Musgraves, Brad Paisley, Charley Pride, Reba, George Strait, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, and Garth Brooks with Trisha Yearwood.
· The 50th Annual CMA Awards will air live from Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on November 2 at 8:00-PM ET on ABC.
Garth Brooks’ music is available for streaming for the first time in his career. After years of keeping his music off of the multiple streaming platforms, Garth has signed an exclusive deal with Amazon Music to have his music available to stream on-demand. Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers can already stream Brooks’ brand-new single, “Baby, Let’s Lay Down and Dance,” as well as his compilation albums The Ultimate Hits and Double Live.
· More of Garth’s music will be added to Amazon Music Unlimited later this year, including his upcoming holiday album with Trisha Yearwood, Christmas Together, and his next studio album, Gunslinger.
· Brooks said in a statement, “It is a joy to work with a company that is all about the customer when it comes to service, and all about the music and its creators when it comes to the music. I applaud Amazon on their commitment to quality and thank them for this opportunity.”
More performers have been added to The 50th Annual CMA Awards, including Kelsea Ballerini, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Kacey Musgraves and Garth Brooks with Trisha Yearwood. These artists join previously announced performers Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Maren Morris, Keith Urban, as well as co-hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood. The show’s Golden Anniversary will air live from Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on November 2 at 8:00 PM ET on ABC.