Black River Entertainment’s Kelsea Ballerini has just revealed the title and release date for her highly anticipated sophomore album, sharing the news with fans across the nation during an appearance on ABC’s Good Morning America.
Ballerini’s new album is titled UNAPOLOGETICALLY and will be officially released on November 3.
“I feel like I’ve been keeping a secret for two years that I finally get to tell,” Ballerini admits. “I’ve never been more proud as I am of this record, the story it tells, and the heart my friends and I put into it. So, November 3, we get to start the next chapter! Unapologetically…”
While on Good Morning America, Ballerini performed her new single “Legends,” a story about a crazy, tragic love that is sure to climb the Country radio charts.
Photo Credit: ABC/Paula Lobo
Kelsea Ballerini will take to the limelight next week as she performs her new single “Legends.” Ballerini will have a double-appearance on Tuesday, July 25, as she will perform on ABC’s Good Morning America and then NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Rooted in Ballerini’s own romantic life story, the powerful song – co-written by Ballerini, Hillary Lindsey and Forest Glen Whitehead – offers the first look at her highly-anticipated second album.
More details about Ballerini’s upcoming second album are coming soon. It will follow the unprecedented success of her debut album, THE FIRST TIME, which landed inside the Top 5 of Billboard’s Country Albums chart and spawned three consecutive PLATINUM and GOLD #1 singles with “Love Me Like You Mean It,” “Dibs,” and “Peter Pan” – marking the only time in Country history a female artist has hit #1 with her first three singles.
Information from Ballerini’s recording studio: Black River Entertainment.
Kelsea Ballerini got some of country’s hottest female stars together on Monday for an epic girls’ night celebration. Lauren Alaina, RaeLynn, Carly Pearce, Cassadee Pope and Lindsay Ell were among the women who attended the party, which Kelsea threw to just celebrate each other and talk about the challenges and successes they’ve had. The girls also flooded social media with pictures from the celebration, including shots of them posing with paper crowns on.
Kelsea Ballerini has shared more details about when her new studio album will be released. In an interview with Hollywood Life, Kelsea revealed that her new project will actually come in waves. Ballerini says, “It’s going to come out in two phases. We’ll have the first phase in August and then the rest of the album later this year.” So, where is Kelsea in the album building process right now? She says, “Now I’m just finishing my vocals and I’m done. I’m ready!”
The nominees for the 2017 Teen Choice Awards have been revealed, with two country acts earning nods in the all-genre categories this year. Sam Hunt’s latest hit “Body Like A Backroad” picked up a nomination in the all-genre Choice Song: Male Artist category, while Florida Georgia Line’s single “God, Your Mama, And Me” featuring the Backstreet Boys collected an all-genre Choice Collaboration nod. In the Choice Country Artist category, Hunt and FGL will also go up against Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini and Luke Bryan for the coveted trophy.
- The Teen Choice Awards will air live on FOX on August 13 at 8 PM ET.
- The full list of nominees can be seen here.
- Voting will be open through June 22 at 9:00 PM PT (12 AM ET), and fans are allowed 10 votes per category.
After several months of waiting and anticipating, Kelsea Ballerini’s fans finally have a taste of the new music she’s been working on. On Wednesday (6/7), Kelsea released her brand-new single “Legends” to Country radio and also gave the song’s debut performance on the 2017 CMT Music Awards. “Legends” is the lead single from Ballerini’s forthcoming sophomore album and is one of the first songs she wrote for the record.
- Kelsea says she finds new meaning in the song every time she hears it. She says, “It brings me back to the heartbreak I wrote it from, it makes me think of my fans and the journey we’ve shared, and now I sing it from the perspective of a legendary love story.”
The list of performers at the upcoming 2017 CMT Music Awards has grown with the addition of Kelsea Ballerini and Little Big Town to the lineup. The show will include previously announced performances Blake Shelton, Brett Eldredge, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert and Thomas Rhett, with all-star collaborations by The Chainsmokers and Florida Georgia Line, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood and Lady Antebellum with Earth, Wind & Fire.
- 2017 CMT Music Awardswill air live from Nashville on Wednesday, June 7 at 8:00 PM ET on CMT.
- Additional performers and presenters will be announced soon.
The list of Special Award winners at the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards has been announced and includes George Strait, Dolly Parton, Kelsea Ballerini, Reba, Eric Church, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson and more. Honorees will be celebrated during the 11th annual ACM Honors ceremony, which will be held at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium on August 23. The event will then be broadcast at a later date on CBS.
- Strait has been chosen to receive the Cliffie Stone Icon Award.
- Parton will receive the Gary Haber Lifting Lives Award.
- Ballerini will be the recipient of the Gene Weed Milestone Award.
- Reba has been chosen as one of the recipients of the Mae Boren Axton Service Award.
- Church will receive the Merle Haggard Spirit Award.
- Keith and Nelson are among those chosen to receive the Poet’s Award.
- For the more information about the honorees and the awards click here.
Kelsea Ballerini will get animated tomorrow (5/31) as she voices a character on Nickelodeon’s preschool series, Blaze and the Monster Machines. In the new episode, Ballerini will play an athletic toucan-truck named Tooks, who helps the other talking monster trucks during a game of “Jungle Ball.” Kelsea will make her animated debut on Wednesday (5/31) at 12 PM ET on Nickelodeon.
- Billy Ray Cyrus was also featured on a recent episode of Blaze and the Monster Machines, playing a greedy lizard-truck named Lazard.
- Darius Rucker is also set to voice a tough-talking falcon-truck named Thunderwing during an upcoming episode premiering later this year.
Nobody wants to be the fifth wheel on a double date, but Brett Eldredge made an exception on Monday night (5/22) so he could hang out with Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett and their wives at the Nashville Predators’ home playoff game. Rhett shared a picture of the all-star squad at the Bridgestone Arena after the big win, writing, “Solid crew tonight… headed to the cup.” Eldredge shared the same picture the next day, saying, “I’ll 5th wheel with this crew any day…”
- Brett and Thomas were only a few of the country stars who made it out to the big game, including Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini, Chris Young, Dierks Bentley, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and more.
- The Preds are moving on to the Stanley Cup Finals next week.