Darius Rucker has topped the country chart for the eighth time, bringing his single “If I Told You” to the No.1 spot this week. The chart-topping news came as Rucker was rounding out a huge CMA Fest week, which included a Nightly Concert performance at Nissan Stadium on Sunday night (6/11). Darius celebrated his new No. 1 song by bringing Little Big Town’s Karen Fairchild onstage with him during his stadium set for a duet of “If I Told You.” Rucker told the packed crowd, “Thank you for believing in this song!”
TAG SEARCH RESULTS FOR: "Darius Rucker"
After nine years of supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and their mission, Darius Rucker and his friends have passed the $1 million fundraising mark for the cause. The milestone mark was reached after Rucker held his eighth annual “Darius and Friends” benefit concert on Monday night (6/5) in Nashville, which, along with this year’s auction and golf tournament, raised $402,000 for St. Jude.
- The benefit show was held at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium and featured performances from Dan + Shay, Luke Combs, Michael Ray, John Oates of Hall & Oates, KISS guitarist Tommy Thay, as well as a surprise appearance from Brooks & Dunn.
- Darius says, “I’m so grateful to all our friends who came out and donated their time to be on the show– and Brooks & Dunn for surprising me onstage! Just wow!”
- The $402,000 raised breaks last year’s record and brings the cumulative total raised for all years to $1.2 million.
The lineup has grown for the taping of CMT Crossroads: Earth, Wind & Fire and Friends in downtown Nashville tomorrow (6/6). Taking the outdoor stage with Earth, Wind & Fire will be newly added performers Dan + Shay, Darius Rucker, Drake White, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts and Sara Evans. These artists will join the previously announced act Lady Antebellum, who will also perform with the legendary R&B group on Wednesday (6/7) during the 2017 CMT Music Awards.
- Fans are invited to attend Tuesday’s taping, which is being held on the corner of 5th and Demonbreun at 8:30 PM local time.
- CMT Crossroads: Earth, Wind & Fire and Friendswill premiere June 23 at 10 PM ET on CMT.
Kelsea Ballerini will get animated tomorrow (5/31) as she voices a character on Nickelodeon’s preschool series, Blaze and the Monster Machines. In the new episode, Ballerini will play an athletic toucan-truck named Tooks, who helps the other talking monster trucks during a game of “Jungle Ball.” Kelsea will make her animated debut on Wednesday (5/31) at 12 PM ET on Nickelodeon.
- Billy Ray Cyrus was also featured on a recent episode of Blaze and the Monster Machines, playing a greedy lizard-truck named Lazard.
- Darius Rucker is also set to voice a tough-talking falcon-truck named Thunderwing during an upcoming episode premiering later this year.
Luke Combs’ single “Hurricane” holds the top spot on the country charts for a second consecutive week, making Luke the first debut country artist with a multi-week chart-topper since Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise.” Combs also becomes the first debut solo male to accomplish the feat since Darius Rucker did so with his 2008 single, “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It.” Last week, Luke earned another milestone when he became the fastest debut artist to get a #1 at Country radio in two years.
Darius Rucker is going incognito for a special celebrity episode of CBS’ Undercover Boss, airing May 12 at 8 PM ET. In the episode, Darius travels to Austin, Texas, where he tries to discover the next big musical act while undercover. While in Austin, Rucker runs an open mic night, works as a roadie, and walks down the city’s famed Sixth Street in search of talented street performers.
- Darius shared the news on Twitter yesterday (4/25) along with a photo of him in disguise.
- Rucker is one of two celebrities who will take part in the special Celebrity Undercover Boss episodes – the other being acclaimed chef and restaurateur, Marcus Samuelsson.
- The show typically features someone in an upper-management position going undercover as an entry-level employee at their company.
On this day in 2011, Darius Rucker was #1 on the Billboard’s Hot Country Singles chart and the Mediabase chart with “This”. The song going number one marked Rucker’s fifth time hitting the top of the country charts.
The song was released as the second single from his album Charleston, SC 1966.
Darius Rucker has announced plans for his eighth annual “Darius and Friends” benefit concert, taking place in Nashville on June 5. This year’s concert, which serves as the unofficial kickoff of CMA Music Festival week, will be held for the first time at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium. Each year, the benefit raises funds for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which is a cause that’s near and dear to Darius’ heart. The concert’s full lineup will be announced in the coming weeks.
Darius Rucker has partnered with 843 to develop his own signature brand of whiskey, dubbed Backstage Southern Whiskey. The whiskey gets its name from a pre-show ritual Darius has on the road, in which he gathers his tour mates, band members, and any special guests backstage to raise a glass of whiskey as “good luck” to ensure a great show. Rucker says, “That toast is a vital part of our nightly routine. It’s really about celebrating the opportunity to make music together. And Backstage Southern Whiskey is now a part of that important ritual that we can share with fans.”
· Backstage Southern Whiskey will first be introduced in Rucker’s home state of South Carolina, with distribution in Georgia, Kentucky, and Tennessee to follow.
The Nightly Concert lineup at Nissan Stadium during CMA Music Festival was revealed this morning (3/17) on ABC’s Good Morning America. Taking the big stage this year will be Trace Adkins, John Anderson, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Brett Eldredge, Florida Georgia Line, Sam Hunt, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Tracy Lawrence, Little Big Town, Maren Morris, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Rogers, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, Chris Stapleton, Cole Swindell, Thomas Rhett, Keith Urban, and Chris Young.
· The 2017 CMA Music Festival will take place June 8-11 in downtown Nashville.
Stay updated, sign up for our newsletter.