Lady Antebellum and Brad Paisley are among the acts slated to perform at NBC’s annual “Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular” in New York City. The celebration will include the country’s largest firework display in over a decade, with more than 60,000 shells launched from five barges in midtown Manhattan. Actress and singer Hailee Steinfeld will also perform at the event, with more acts set to be announced soon.
· The fireworks will be accompanied by the West Point Band and Glee Club’s musical tribute, “ANTHEM,” featuring, Craig Campbell, Heather Headley, Jamie Barton & the USO Troupe of Metropolitan New York.
An original song from Lady Antebellum will be featured in the new SpongeBob SquarePants Musical coming to Broadway later this year. Lady’s A’s original tune is titled “Chop to the Top” and it comes at a point in the musical when the characters SpongeBob and Sandy Cheeks are climbing a mountain. The musical will also include original songs by Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Sara Bareilles, John Legend and Cyndi Lauper, as well as a song by the late David Bowie.
- The musical will open at New York City’s Palace Theatre on December 4, with tickets going on sale to the general public on June 26.
The lineup has grown for the taping of CMT Crossroads: Earth, Wind & Fire and Friends in downtown Nashville tomorrow (6/6). Taking the outdoor stage with Earth, Wind & Fire will be newly added performers Dan + Shay, Darius Rucker, Drake White, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts and Sara Evans. These artists will join the previously announced act Lady Antebellum, who will also perform with the legendary R&B group on Wednesday (6/7) during the 2017 CMT Music Awards.
- Fans are invited to attend Tuesday’s taping, which is being held on the corner of 5th and Demonbreun at 8:30 PM local time.
- CMT Crossroads: Earth, Wind & Fire and Friendswill premiere June 23 at 10 PM ET on CMT.
Several all-star collaborations have been announced for the upcoming 2017 CMT Music Awards, including cross-genre pairings from Florida Georgia Line with The Chainsmokers as well as Lady Antebellum with the legendary Earth, Wind & Fire. The night will also include superstars Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood performing live together for the first time on any CMT stage.
· These acts will join previously announced performers Blake Shelton, Brett Eldredge, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert and Thomas Rhett from Nashville’s Music City Center on June 7 at 8 PM ET. Additional performers will be announced soon.