After hitting the road together all year on the “Home Team Tour,” Thomas Rhett and Kelsea Ballerini will soon join forces again to co-host the 2017 CMA Music Festival special on ABC. Rhett is returning as host for a second straight year, while Kelsea steps in for last year’s co-host, Brett Eldredge. The three-hour special will bring highlights from the annual festival to a national television audience and will air at a date later in the year. This year’s CMA Music Festival will take place on June 8-11 in downtown Nashville.
· Kelsea and Thomas are also slated to perform on the Nissan Stadium stage this year, joining acts such as Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Brett Eldredge, Florida Georgia Line, Sam Hunt, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Keith Urban and many more.
· Kelsea took to Instagram after Thursday’s (4/20) announcement to say, “News is out! Not only do I get to play, I get to HOST CMA Fest with my brother @thomasrhettakins this summer. Gonna be funnnnn. Who will we see there??”
The Nightly Concert lineup at Nissan Stadium during CMA Music Festival was revealed this morning (3/17) on ABC’s Good Morning America. Taking the big stage this year will be Trace Adkins, John Anderson, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Brett Eldredge, Florida Georgia Line, Sam Hunt, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Tracy Lawrence, Little Big Town, Maren Morris, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Rogers, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, Chris Stapleton, Cole Swindell, Thomas Rhett, Keith Urban, and Chris Young.
· The 2017 CMA Music Festival will take place June 8-11 in downtown Nashville.
Thomas Rhett and his wife, Lauren, will soon welcome two new babies into their lives. The couple revealed the exciting news on social media yesterday (2/15), announcing that not only is Lauren pregnant right now, but the couple is also adopting a baby from Africa. The couple shared the double baby surprise with a picture of them holding four balloons that were made up of the letters B-A-B-Y.
· Thomas said in his caption, “We’re so happy to announce that we are pregnant & in the process of adopting a child from Africa! Safe to say life is about to get crazy!.”
· Lauren’s caption read, “OH BABY! actually…BABIES! Our hearts are exploding with happiness for y’all to meet our new baby who we are bringing home from Africa soon who is also going to have a little brother or sister because, SURPRISE! there’s a sweet baby in my belly too #adopting&pregnant #cominginhot2017”
Thomas Rhett’s single “Star Of The Show” has topped both the Billboard Country Airplay and Mediabase radio charts this week, giving Thomas his seventh career #1 song. The exciting news reached Rhett as he was in Houston for the Super Bowl over the weekend, which he says made for a fun start to the game, even though his Atlanta Falcons lost in the end.
· Thomas says reacting to his chart-topper, “I’ve always known this song needed to have its moment, so it’s really sweet to be able to celebrate it now and with Lauren and my dad.”
· “Star Of The Show” also holds a second week at #1 on Canada’s Mediabase Country Radio Chart.
On this day in 2016, Thomas Rhett‘s “Die A Happy Man” was still holding strong on top of both the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts and the Billboard Country Airplay charts. The song was released as the second single from Rhett’s second album, Tangled Up. The song has since been Certified 2x Platinum.
On this day in 2015, Thomas Rhett’s “Die A Happy Man” was rolling through four weeks on top of the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song was released as the second single from Rhett’s second studio album, Tangled Up. The song was Certified 2× Platinum by the RIAA.
In 2016, “Die a Happy Man” was covered by Nelly.
Kelsea Ballerini released her fourth single to radio and it’s being described as “fun and flirty.” The video for her single “Yeah Boy,” made its world premiere exclusively on TeenVogue.com on Friday (12/16) and is now available across all music video platforms.
· You can see the video here.
· On December 14, Kelsea wrapped her debut as a headlining artist on “The First Time Tour” finishing out the hugely successful run in Houston, Texas. Ballerini will now join Thomas Rhett as direct support for his “Home Team Tour” on February 23 in Saginaw, Michigan.
On this day in 2012, Valory Records released Thomas Rhett’s “Get Me Some Of That” to radio. The song was released as the fourth single from his debut album, It Goes Like This. The song would later go to number one on the charts and would be Certified Platinum by the RIAA.
The list of winners for The 50th Annual CMA Awards appears below:
ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Mr. Misunderstood – Eric Church
FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
SINGLE OF THE YEAR
“Die a Happy Man” – Thomas Rhett
SONG OF THE YEAR
“Humble and Kind” – Tim McGraw (Songwriter Lori McKenna)
VOCAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
Little Big Town
VOCAL DUO OF THE YEAR
NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
MUSICAL EVENT OF THE YEAR
“Different For Girls” – Dierks Bentley feat. Elle King
MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
“Fire Away” – Chris Stapleton
MUSICIAN OF THE YEAR
Dann Huff (Guitar)