Sam Hunt’s single, “Body Like a Back Road,” has notched a 20th week at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart, breaking a tie with Leroy Van Dyke’s 1961 hit “Walk On By” for the longest chart reign by a solo artist in the chart’s history. “Body Like a Back Road” now boasts the second-longest command of the chart overall, following Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise,” which posted 24 weeks at No. 1 in 2012 and 2013.
TAG SEARCH RESULTS FOR: "FGL"
Florida Georgia Line has taken the top spot on the country charts this week and they’ve brought the Backstreet Boys (BSB) with them. The two groups reach the chart’s summit with their collaborative single, “God, Your Mama, And Me,” giving FGL their 13th No. 1 song and BSB their first country chart-topper. The song also marks the duo’s third consecutive No. 1 from their Dig Your Roots album, following “H.O.L.Y.” and “May We All” (featuring Tim McGraw).
- Tyler Hubbard said, “Finding out that ‘God, Your Mama, And Me’ went No. 1 is surreal – really cool to be a part of Backstreet Boys’ first Country #1!” Brian Kelley added, “If you told me growing up that I would share a #1 song with BSB, I would have told you to get outta here! Dream big, work hard, surround yourself with an amazing team and anything is possible.”
- Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter also reacted to the news saying, “We’re fans of each other and that’s one of the reasons why the song works so well. I’m glad it’s with these boys that we just reached #1 at Country radio for the first time.”
The nominees for the 2017 Teen Choice Awards have been revealed, with two country acts earning nods in the all-genre categories this year. Sam Hunt’s latest hit “Body Like A Backroad” picked up a nomination in the all-genre Choice Song: Male Artist category, while Florida Georgia Line’s single “God, Your Mama, And Me” featuring the Backstreet Boys collected an all-genre Choice Collaboration nod. In the Choice Country Artist category, Hunt and FGL will also go up against Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini and Luke Bryan for the coveted trophy.
- The Teen Choice Awards will air live on FOX on August 13 at 8 PM ET.
- The full list of nominees can be seen here.
- Voting will be open through June 22 at 9:00 PM PT (12 AM ET), and fans are allowed 10 votes per category.
Florida Georgia Line has added new collaboration to their resume, teaming up with pop star Bebe Rexha on the track “Meant to Be” from her forthcoming EP, All Your Fault: Part 2. Brian Kelley recently confirmed the news when he tweeted the word “Truth” in response to Music News & Rumors’ post about the possible collaboration.
- This is just the duo’s latest cross-genre partnership following their collaborative song “Last Day Alive” with The Chainsmokers, as well as their current Top 5 single “God, Your Mama, and Me” with the Backstreet Boys.
Just one day after announcing that his wife Hayley was pregnant with their first child, Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard revealed that the gender of that baby is a boy. During a gender reveal party on Thursday (6/8), the couple cut a slice out of a special boy-girl cake, revealing its blue center. Hubbard posted videos from the party on his Instagram Stories, including a shot of his baby boy’s first pair of shoes.
- The party was definitely baby bumpin’, as Jason Aldean’s wife Brittany and Thomas Rhett’s wife Lauren were a
Florida Georgia Line has announced June 5 as the grand opening date for FGL House, their new restaurant, and entertainment venue in the heart of Music City. The four-story FGL House will open its doors at 7 PM local time, setting the stage for a big CMA Music Festival week in downtown Nashville.
- Two days later on June 7, the duo will hit the stage with The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards, where FGL is nominated for three trophies.
- Tune in today (5/26) as Florida Georgia Line performs on the Good Morning America Summer Concert series in New York City with hip-hop star Nelly.
- FGL is also set to launch their “The Smooth Tour 2017” on June 2, featuring Nelly and Chris Lane.
Florida Georgia Line is searching for look-alikes to appear in their next music video. The duo’s Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley have put out a nationwide casting call for doubles who can match their signature look circa 2012, which will be featured in an upcoming flashback video. To try out, would-be doppelgangers can visit the special casting website and submit photos and/or videos to prove they’re twin material.
Granger Smith has announced the release of his new single “Happens Like That,” a song which he co-wrote with Florida Georgia Line’s Tyler Hubbard while the two were on the “Dig Your Roots Tour.” Granger tells Billboard that he and Tyler penned the song while they sat on a tour bus in a Tacoma, Washington, parking lot and watched fans file into the show. “Happens Like That” will be available on May 19 and will impact radio on June 12.
- Smith says, “Writing on tour, in the heart of all our fans, where ultimately the songs will be delivered, is a game changer for me. We can literally look out the window of the bus and write songs about the town where we are parked.”
- Granger and Tyler’s fellow co-writers on the song are Jordan Schmidt, Justin Wilson, and Andy Albert.
Florida Georgia Line is opening a new restaurant and entertainment venue in the heart of downtown Nashville. Dubbed FGL House, the new four-story attraction will be located on 3rd Avenue South in city’s trendy SoBro district and is set to open in early summer 2017. FGL House will feature a world-class kitchen that blends Southern style cuisine with California flair, as well as daily live music and bars on each floor. The establishment will also boast the largest “Cruise” rooftop Nashville has to offer. For more information visit www.fglhouse.com.
- Tyler Hubbard says, “We want FGL House to be just as welcoming, fun and entertaining for our guests as if they were coming out to one of our shows – nothing but good food, good drinks and good times! We can’t wait for opening day to get here!”
- Visitors can also enjoy the basement-level martini bar and lounge, complete with its own baby grand piano and cocktail menu inspired by ’90s pop culture.
- There will also be a massive video wall featuring country music content as well as sporting events.
- Dee Jay Silver will even spin custom country mixes during Country Club Tuesdays.
On this day in 2014, “This Is How We Roll” by Florida Georgia Line featuring Luke Bryan sat on top of the Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart for the second of three weeks at #1.
The song was released as the fifth single to FGL’s debut studio album, Here’s to the Good Times, although “This is How We Roll” was only included on the 2013 re-release.
The artists were assisted in the writing of the song by Cole Swindell.
Stay updated, sign up for our newsletter.