After 17 years and more than 1,000 games played in the NHL, Carrie Underwood’s husband Mike Fisher may be considering retirement. With his two-year contract with the Nashville Predators set to expire on June 30, Fisher is weighing his options and, according to The Tennessean, is considering hanging up his skates. Mike still hasn’t announced his decision, but he does have a lot of non-hockey factors to consider, including his wife Carrie and their son Isaiah. Fisher tells The Tennessean, “For me, it’s faith, family and then hockey, really. We’ll see where that fits in. I love being part of this group. I had a blast.”
· Fisher and the Predators made a historic bid for the Stanley Cup recently, but ultimately fell short to Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 of the Finals.
Carrie Underwood and her husband, Mike Fisher, both stay in tip-top shape for their respective careers, and Carrie says they’ll sometimes work out together to help keep each other motivated. Carrie tells E! News that they’ll sometimes put partner exercises into their workout routines, which helps them push each other further towards their fitness goals. For example, Underwood says, “I’ll have to do 50 push-ups and he’ll have to run on the treadmill, at a good pace, until I’m done with my 50 push-ups.” Or, she says, “We’ve done this thing where he has to run a mile and the longer it takes him to run a mile, the more I’m holding a wall sit.”
· Carrie adds that her and Mike are all about mixing things up and will occasionally work kickboxing and weight training into their routines. She adds, “If we have a nice gym at a hotel we utilize whatever equipment is there, and we try to take a class every once and awhile.”
Alicia Keys,Miranda Lambert,Chris Young, Dan + Shay and The Band Perry have been added to the list of performers for Tuesday (8/30) night’s 10th Annual ACM Honors.Also, Mike Fisher, Emmylou Harris, Martina McBride and Thomas Rhett will present at the ceremony taking place at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium.
· Previously announced performers include Jason Aldean, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Cam, Toby Keith, Maren Morris, Blake Shelton, Cole Swindell, Keith Urban and hosts Lady Antebellum.
· The 10TH ACM Honors is an evening dedicated to celebrating the special honorees and off-camera category winners from the 51st Academy of Country Music Awards.
· Hosted by multi-ACM Award-winning group Lady Antebellum, the two-hour special will tape on Tuesday, August 30 at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium, and make its television debut on September 9 on CBS.
Carrie Underwood and her son, Isaiah, were at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on Monday Night (3/21) to help Mike Fisher celebrate his 1,000th career game in the NHL. Before the puck dropped, the family took the ice as Fisher was presented with a silver hockey stick, a commemorative crystal and a gift from his Nashville Predators teammates to mark the milestone.
Carrie Underwood has been in 24/7 Mommy-mode since her baby boy, Isiah, was born in February, but Carrie’s husband, Mike Fisher, has also been spending a lot of quality time with the little guy recently.
Mike says, “You’re just cuddling together, just being together.” Fisher also loves watching how Carrie has take to being a mother. He shares, “That instant instinct of being a mom. Our family’s pretty awesome. There’s nothing better.”