Keith Urban was a featured speaker at this year’s South by Southwest music conference. In a 75-minute discussion and Q&A session, he touched on his musical influences, his feelings about modern technology and how wife Nicole Kidman has helped him try new things.
Here are a few revelations from Urban’s chat:
- Johnny Cash made him realize he wanted to be a musician at the age of 5;
- Being married made him better at relationships;
- Speaking of being married, his wife made him less fearful of trying new things;
- Social media has its downside, it can make you too self-aware;
- Sobriety is what helped make him a superstar.
Later on that night, Urban hit the stage for an 80-minute showcase performance at Stubbs. The 16-song set mostly included hits from 2013’s “Fuse” and 2016’s “Ripcord” albums.
Urban just announced the forthcoming “Graffiti U” album, but there’s no release date.
Here are the “Graffiti U World Tour” dates – click HERE for the full listing:
- June 15 – St. Louis, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
- June 16 – Indianapolis, IN @ Ruoff Home Mortage Music Center
- June 22 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
- June 23 – Pittsburgh, PA @ KeyBank Pavilion
- June 27 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- June 29 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage
- June 30 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage
- July 5 – Gilford, NH @ Bank of NH Pavilion
- July 6 – Gilford, NH @ Bank of NH Pavilion
- July 8 – Canandaigua, NY @ CMAC
Source: Rolling Stone