16 people had to be evacuated from an Ottumwa hotel after a fire Friday night (2/12). Around 8:20pm Friday, the Ottumwa Fire Department was called to the Colonial Motor Inn at 1534 Albia Road. A fire was found in the attic space above a room on the second floor and put out. The fire affected the room below the attic and the rooms on either side of that room. The Ottumwa Fire Department says the fire was caused by an electrical failure in the attic because of a faulty overloaded electrical circuit. You’re reminded that the use of space heaters can be dangerous if not done properly.