An improperly discarded cigarette has been determined to be the cause of a fire that damaged an Ottumwa bar. On Wednesday afternoon (3/31), Ottumwa firefighters were called to a fire at Uncle Bucks Bar and Grill at 518 Church Street. The fire department’s quick response helped minimize damage to the building. The Ottumwa Fire Department says a discarded cigarette in a bed of mulch near the back door caused the fire. The Ottumwa Fire Department reminds businesses to have a proper cigarette disposal receptacle on site.